sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Snow day today! That's always great news, except I was supposed to see talent show acts after school today, for a Sat. night show. I don't know now if I should reschedule everything for next week, or what. I have call-back auditions for the play after school tomorrow, and the Bball games are at home, so. . . . I had 45 kids try out for the play! I had 4 solid hrs. of auditions Tuesday. Anyway I thought I'd do some blogging. I also have been having trouble leaving messages. I tried with Bug and OttO the other day to no avail.

1.21.2004

Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday, January 21
Do you have kids? Grandchildren? How many?
posted by Windy at 7:40 AM
I have 2 great kids, no grandkids and don't want any for a while because my kids are 16 and 18 (almost 19) My 16 year old has her drivers license, which is very freeing for me because I no longer have to cart her around!


1.20.2004

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, January 20
What's your job? Are you doing what you thought you'd be doing at this point in your life? Explain

I am doing exactly what I thought I'd be doing at this point in my life. I have been teaching music for 25 years, in the same school from the time I graduated from CMU. I have expanded my duties for the past few years by directing the school play. I felt it was time our students experienced the fun of musical theater. After many years of personal involvement in musicals through playing in the pit, I took the leap and started up a "new tradition" at our school. I had the help of "Broadway Jr." production kits and the collaberation with the young lady who had previously been the play director. We worked together the first 2 years, then she took a different job in a different community. I still had some help with choreography and acting coaching last year, but this year I'm pretty much on my own. My choreographer just had a baby and the acting coach just got married. I am also teaching an acting class. I am until "dubya" says I can't (No Child Left Behind) because I don't have a major or minor in dramatic arts. With 5 years left, I have no plans to go back to school and get one. I plan on starting my next career in catering after that, and that's what I plan to study and prepare for next. Well, this is about my limit on the typing for one sitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home