sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Sunday, March 14, 2004


First of all, I want to thank everyone who offered suggestions for questions. But I have a confession to make; one nice gentleman emailed me with a list of questions, I replied, then deleted the email before saving the questions. Will this person PLEASE re-email me? Your questions will be the very next set I use; promise!! Thank you!

Now for this week's questions, and these come from Bryn. Thank you, Bryn!

1. What is your solution for cabin fever - you know that feeling of being penned in the house all winter? Going to the beautiful Lake Michigan beach and taking a walk. If the weather doesn't allow for the walk, just the drive out there helps. Seeing the ice formations on the pier, the results of brutal wind on the sand; it's all good!

2. Who are the people in your neighbourhood...in your neighbourhood, in your neighbourhood.....? We have a small "neighborhood, because we live on a cul de sac, but I'll start with Mary & Bob. Mary is my best "Upwords" challenger. She is retired from working many years at the country club. She has emphyzema, so she's not as fast as she used to be, but in body only. She really gives me a run for my money, wordgame-wise. We're pretty evenly matched, but I think it's my turn to win a few games! Mostly we play in the summer, when I have the time. The rest of the year she beats other people at Rummikub and Skipbo! We also have a couple of people with younger kids, and more retirees, but Mary's my "main neighbor!"

3. What's the best thing about spring? almost everything! The weather getting warmer; everything coming back to life; the school year wrapping up. The kids DO get squirrely, but that's about the only down side.

4. Any Easter traditions? Around our house, Easter is a very busy music time. All of holy week is involved in rehearsals and church services. Holt Thursday, Good Friday, Easter vigil, and Sunday morning sevice all make for a busy time.

5. How old were you believing in the Easter bunny? I'm too old to remember!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home