sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Monday, October 27, 2003

Sunday, October 26, 2003


It seems lately any channel you switch to, any day of the week, there is a 'reality show' on. This brings me to this week's questions................
1. Do you watch any 'reality shows' on television? If so, which is your favorite? If not, why?
2. If you were offered a chance to be a part of any of the reality shows, which one would you choose? Why?
3. If you could pick your own team on 'Survivor' what qualities would you look for in the 7 people you would choose?


1. Of course, before I answer, I have to state my overall opinion! I believe that most of these programs are opportunities for people to satisfy the "voyeur" in them. Because I have no desire to peek in on the sleazier side of humanity, I refrain from viewing the majority of these programs. My 3 "default" channels on TV are TLC, Animal planet and Food Network. On TLC, I have become a junkie of all things "Trading Spaces". These are my favorites of all the reality shows. I have absolutely no inherent decorating sense, so I like seeing all the different things the designers can think of to change a room. It's also fun to watch peoples' reactions when they see their new rooms. I have seen the original on BBC; "Changing Rooms," but it isn't as ineresting to me. I "know" the TLC designers, carpenters, and hosts so I enjoy those programs much more. These are my faves, but 2 weeks ago AP started one called "King of the Jungle", hosted by Jeff Corwin, my favorite guy on that network. Apparently, it's fashioned after "Survivor" in that 1 person leaves at the end of each episode. The participants don't vote, though. 12 people are competing to win the chance to host their own Animal Planet Special. They have to perform a series of physical challenges, animal handling challenges and demonstration of animal knowledge, as well as being able to display a "presence" on camera. 2 experts judge their performance and 1 person gets cut every week. I enjoy this program also. I also saw a tiny bit of "Jamie's Kitchen" on Food Network, but didn't really think much of it. Wow! that's the longest thing I've ever "blogged!"

2. The ONLY reality show I would ever consent to do would be "Trading Spaces." I would be game to have a room redone in my house with pro designers' ideas and someone else's $1,000.00. I think I'd have them do either my family room or my bedroom. We have plans for the kitchen and dining room that involves structural alteration and more the a grand to redo.

3. I have no answer to this question. At this stage in my life, "roughing it" means no dish washer and the possibility of using a public vs. private restroom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home