sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Sunday, October 19, 2003

Good morning! Here's a funny little thing that happened last week. A "necessary evil" in the world of education is a little thing called "after-school detention." It's used mainly for tardies, and other minor trangressions. I take a turn at supervising it every 7 weeks or so. One day during my 6th grade band class, this little guy named Brett kept playing out of turn. After the third time, I said, "Brett! If I have to remind you again, it's going to be an after-school detention for you, and do you know who's doing detention this week? Me! I was in there Monday and I'll be back on Thursday!" Without missing a beat, Brett said, "Wow! What did you DO??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home