sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Kevin and I went to Mt. P. on Thursday, after work, to hear Geoff's first Wind Ensemble Concert. It was excellent, of course! There was a nice variety of music, and all well played, except for the oboe intonation. We had dinner with Geoff and his friend Jim after and arrived back home at 1:30 am. As only a day on less than 4 hrs. sleep can be, Friday was horrible! On one of my many treks back and forth between buildings, I was "pep stepping" through the high school to get to my 3rd hr. class when I caught the heel of someone's shoe with my foot as I walked by. For several very long seconds I actually thought I would regain my balance, but after several vain attempts to do so, I ended up sprawled out in the hallway in the middle of class-change traffic. Always the trouper, I did make it to class on time. . . to a room full of whiny contrary choir students, who despite their successes at a clinic 2 days earlier, seemed to prefer sliding back into their old habits again. After some further "unpleasantness" there, the day continued without incident until 6:45. Because it was our last football game of the season, I was having my middle school band march with the high school. The minute we got outside , it started raining; a steady driving rain in the 45 degree chill. We went in after pre-game, and back out for half time. We ended the performance drenched, but successful. After finding one middle school student's Dad, (she had come in crying that she could not find him,) I was home and in dry clothes by 9:30. I know how to have a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home