sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Monday, November 03, 2003

Sunday, November 02, 2003


This week's questions will be all about your creativity........
1. What is the most artistic accomplishment?
2. What is your favorite method of artistic expression?
3. Name one form of art that you haven't yet tried but would like to.


1. This is a tough question for me, because I teach music and drama, but in my spare time I also play trumpet and handbells. I cross-stitch also, but I really consider that a craft. Probably one of my most meaningful recent artistic accomplishments as a performer would be when I went back to my alma mater 2 years ago and played on my former roommate's recital. We played the Hindemith Concerto for Trumpet and Bassoon together, and I played the Prayer of St. Gregory with organ. She has been on the faculty at CMU for many years. It was exciting and SCAREY to return to campus after 22 years and perform. As a teacher, I have been proud of many of my students' performances. In particular, I am proud of the theatrical productions, partly because I am new to theater in the directorial sense, and partly because I wear so many hats. I direct the music, acting, set design, costumes, and even choreography somewhat.

2. My favorite method of artistic expression is definitely through music, both as teacher and performer.

3. I have plans to learn how to quilt some day. I don't know when, but I will get to it sometime! My neighbor quilts, and I know she would teach me. I think quilting is a great means of artistic expression, as well as a great way to preserve family history, culture, and self-expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home