sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Friday, November 28, 2003

#17. LULU'S LINES







TRIGGER 1::: The day I..........







TRIGGER 2::: My eyes were.......




MY EYES WERE . . .opened recently about people who seem like friends, but are really just users of people. Maybe I'm just witless or maybe I just really like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this whole idea of throwing my "Annual Holiday Extravaganza" after a two year hiatus has really made me stop and think. What started out as a gathering for a small group of friends 20-some years ago grew into a 50+ guest list and nonstop work that would begin for me on Thanksgiving weekend. Who do I want to invite and who do I feel like I HAVE to invite? One of those people (who I know would never be reading a blog!) is the music director of our church. We have been "friends" for many years, but in actuality I only see her socially once or twice a year. She's "nice" to me, but she's the type of person who , the more I do for her, the more she asks of me. At this point, I ring handbells, sing in the choir and play trumpet. I enjoy it, but the rehearsals, last minute "stick-the -music-in-front-of-me" ploys, to name a few, are wearing on me. Why would I want to encourage someone like this? Anyway, I'm sort of rethinking a lot of people's places in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home