sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Good Monday to everyone! Now, for this week's questions.... and thanks for playing!What is your favorite framed object in your house?2. If you had a choice of being a carnivore or a herbivore, which one would you be, and why?3. Who do you think should have won the FIFA World Cup? Or, don't you care?4. What's your feelings on stormy weather?5. Do you believe in "time out" chairs?6. Have you ever bought or sold anything on Ebay?
1. Right now I have no framed objects hanging up! We didn't put anything back after the remodel. We have lots, though. I've got some cross stitch pieces, a few pieces of original art work done by my sis-in-law, a few vintage poster reproductions and TONS of art prints of great lakes ships, mostly done by Mich. artist, Mary Damroske. I need a big copy of L's Sr pic, and then my two kids will have to be my faves!
2. I'm glad I don't have to make the choice, because I like being an omnivore, but the older I get the less carnivorous I get. It has nothing to do with ethics or anything. I just don't have as much of a taste for meat.
3. World cup??? I don't care! Sorry! I watched Wimbledon. L has been in Italy and France for the past week and a half, though. She says its crazy there!
4. I like a good thunderstorm, and I LOVE snow days . . .as long as I'm not inconvenienced with a power outage! I don't live in a serious storm area (Hurricanes, etc). Thank God!
5. I think time-out chairs can be effective if used properly. That's the key. I'm glad my kids are past that stage, though. Older kids sometimes need "time outs", but it shouldn't be a "chair" and they need some space. I'm talking about school situations where 2 kids may be in conflict and they need an "out." Lots of time, kids would rather have an opportunity to walk away from a fight. It's up to an available adult to give it to them by giving them an option.
6. I have never bought or sold anything on ebay, but I've looked up items just to see what the going rates are. I have a collection of 100 mint condition "Mad" mags from the early and mid 70s. Anybody!??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home