sharba's blog

sharba's blog

a little of this... a little of that..... from a musical kind of gal.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Sunday, December 26, 2004
I want to thank my sister Jan for this week's questions! Enjoy!! =)1) Which holiday do you celebrate this time of year? (If necessary, modify the following questions to suit your holiday.)2) Do you begin shopping for gifts earlier than Thanksgiving, looking for the perfect gift? If not, when do you begin?3) Do you only purchase gifts that you know are perfect for the recipient and if you don't find that gift, do you just get anything?4) Did you receive or give any "obligatory" gifts this year?5) Do you decorate your tree as evenly as possible or do you skip the areas that are not visible?6) Do you like multi-colors on your tree or do you prefer monochrome?7) Did you bake "traditional" cookies, frost them and decorate them? or did you cheat and buy the ready to bake kind? (like I tried)8) Are you the host of a holiday gathering? which one? family, work, friends9) With whom do you spend the holiday?10) How did the holiday turn out? Perfectly? funny mishaps? miss anyone?
1. I celebrate Christmas and "no school!"
2. The only time I started shopping early (August) I a)spent too much money, b) had kids who changed their minds about what they wanted by the time Christmas came around, c) forgot where I "hid" some of my stuff! I now always wait until after Thanksgiving, and usually after I get out for break, but Kevy does the "high tech" shopping, so that covers a fair amount of ground.
3. What? I can't hear the question?
4. Probably.
6. You will love this, bug. We got one of those fiber optic trees this year, and I didn't decorate it at all! Until now, we have always gone with "whatever." You know; the ornaments the kids made, the ornaments we have gotten as gifts, etc. I gave some thought to a "theme" tree this year. I have lots of music ornaments. Maybe next year!
5. I don't decorate the tree evenly (when I decorate it) because the kitties play with the stuff that hangs too low.
7. I hardly ever bake the kind of cookies that you decorate, but the last time I did, i think i did the pre-cut type. I had bought them from a fund raiser thing. Usually I do mexican wedding cakes, magic bars and fudge. This year I made fudge only! It's my annual "gift" to family, etc.
8. I used to have an annual Christmas party that became a "must" for most people who got an invite, but I didn't have it the year Kevy got laid off, and haven't had it since. It had become huge by then, with 50 people on average who attended. It was fun, but it took a ton of time and money to prepare for.
9. We try to spend time with all of the family at some point. I skipped the faculty gathering, though.
10. It has been a good holiday. It has been restful. We're planning on staying home on New Year's eve. That's our favorite way to spend that night. Of course, we missed, you, bug!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home